May 12, 2013

Miss Daisy King! May 17th! Get Yourself There! Franklin, Tennessee!

Miss Daisy King- who has earned the title 'Tennessee's First Lady of Southern Cooking,' (and well deserved!) is sharing her kitchen secrets on May 17th in an in home cooking class to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.  If you live in the Nashville / Franklin Tennessee area, you are in luck!  Tickets are $100 and can be purchased here:  May 17th Miss Daisy Cooking Class Tickets  So if you are free and enjoy wonderful Southern cooking, and good company, please do- I know you'll have a wonderful time and it will benefit such a worthy cause!

I am so sad to miss is it- I think I will just have to get one of her cookbooks and live vicariously!  A friend from Western Tennessee swears by her cookbooks.  If you do attend, please tell me all about it!

To learn more about Miss Daisy King, check out this link:  More About Miss Daisy King I am thoroughly impressed by her baking of a pound cake at such a young age- at that age I was making 'cheerio casserole' and my family was so kind about it.  After that, they'd politely ask, 'did you follow the recipe?' Now they like my cooking, though!

xo  Jessica at La Dolce Duchessa

No comments: