January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! So I was in the drive through of one of my favorite BBQ joints, yes, I'll let that sink in for a minute, we have BBQ drive throughs here in the South- just so right, isn't it? Ok, so I'm in the drive through of this BBQ joint on New Year's Eve, getting some lemonade, fried chicken and collards, and when I pull up to the window to pay, the woman at the window immediately greets me with, "going to eat your black eyed peas tomorrow?" To which I happily responded, "yes, ma'am, they are in the fridge!"

I was unaware of this tradition until we moved to the South a few years ago. My husband explained it to me- collards look like cash and black eyed peas are supposed to look like coins, so Southerners eat both on New Year's day to bring prosperity in the new year. I like wishing for prosperity! I wish it for each and everyone of you!

In addition to wishing you a Happy New Year, I'd like to hear from you how I can help in the new year. What recipes can I bring to you that you'll find either helpful, uplifting or just fun? Either email me at ladolceduchessa@gmail.com or leave your comment at the end of this post. I'll look forward to hearing from you!

xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOOh, how about a recipe or two for a delicious, nutritious, but easy weeknight dinner that kids and grownups will like? IS there such a thing??? ;)

Another one - I'd love suggestions on something that you can make enough of that you could take leftovers for lunch the next day, something healthy and tasty and that travels well!

Just thoughts - LOVE your blog!!