So... We are having a dinner party on Friday night for six people and this morning (Thursday) I was making the dessert we're having, a chocolate layer cake with salted caramel and ganache and I had made the cake layers, baked them and had set them to cool on racks on the counter. Then little baby boy woke up from his morning nap and I went upstairs to change him. While I was upstairs, Pele, our mischievous Pudelpointer, got up on the counter and ate about half of one of the cake layers and about a third of the other. When I came back downstairs, I could not believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, she's at the vet right now and they have induced vomiting (I weighed the amount of cocoa powder she would have consumed and they compared it against a weight chart). We'll go pick her up when baby wakes up from his afternoon nap. (While he was taking his afternoon nap, I made the cake layers AGAIN... this cake better be @$^$% good, right?)
So for those of you planning a dinner party, keep all things you plan to serve your guests out of the reach of pets. That is my advice for the day!